Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer is here!!!!

All of a sudden we are having temperatures in the mid-90's in May! Some flowers are exploding into bloom while others are fading all too quickly.


It is wonderful to see my garden growing and developing, a vision in the making.


This pale yellow columbine is a delight, a plant that I actually purchased! The blue leafed hosta provides a suitable backdrop.


Lupins and poppies, common, but reluctant to be moved and establish themselves. This area of the garden is really starting to come into its own and I look forward to seeing how it progresses throughout the summer.


In the meantime, nature quietly continues to offer her own glory in the shape of numerous ladyslipper orchids scattered around my land.

Out on Penobscot Bay the schooners are setting out with the first fortunate passengers of the season.


Rising at 5 this morning I was able to catch this glorious sun rising through the mist!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

You make me want to hop in the car and come up to Maine!! LOL